15 février 2009

Cows Talk


Cow 1 :

You see, you work a long long life...

grazing under sun and rain,

rain and snow,

producing milk, you know,

thousands gallons of milk,

working hard,


chewing, ruminating,

chewing, ruminating
...

Cow 2

True, that's true.


Cow 1


And then,
some day,
the green truck comes,

it takes you, man,

a long way from the farm,
a long long and deep way
to death.

I tell you, man,
is this a life ?

Is this a life ?

(silence)


Cow 2


Why do you call me "man" ?


Cow 1

Meuuuuuuuh ?


Cow 2


You say : "man".

I'm not a man, man.
I'm a cow,
I'm just a cow.


Cow 1

I see.


(silence)


Cow 1


You're not an abstract mind, aren't you ?


Cow 2


What you mean ?


Cow 1


You see...


Cow 2


What you want me to see ?..


Cow 1


Oh, nothing.
Really nothing.

(silence)


Cow 1


Is this a life ?


Is this a life ?


Thierry
Follain



Picture : Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother's back cover




Aucun commentaire: